While the thought of getting out of bed earlier than normal can fill you with dread, it’s proven that early morning workouts are good for your mind, body and soul.
- Fasted cardio helps burn fat: exercising on an empty stomach can burn up to 20 percent more body fat and jump-start your metabolism.
- You’ll give your metabolism a big boost: you will burn more calories throughout the day after a morning workout than you would if you did a late evening workout.
- More energy: although it might not feel like it when you wake up, you’ll naturally have more energy after a good night’s sleep as your body is fully rested.
- Endorphin rush: exercise gives us a rush of endorphins. A great morning workout boosts your energy and your mood, leaving you feeling fresh and ready for the day ahead.
- High intensity R1DES: in a morning your heart rate is raised, meaning you workout in your red zones. High intensity interval training on the bike will raise your heart rate, and keep those calories burning 24 hours after leaving the studio.
7am R1DE’S: Monday with Charlotte / Friday with Emma